We are actively building an exciting portfolio of assets in both The Netherlands and Germany with a strong focus on developing existing assets and exploration of new opportunities.
To do this, we are constantly searching for outstanding candidates who hold the same values that we do. We must attract and retain the very best industry personnel to continue to deliver on our success to date.
As the company grows and our portfolio expands, we will offer specific exciting opportunities for team players at all levels.
Currently we are looking for a Junior Financial Accountant, either on as a full-time role (40 hours/week) or a part-time role (hours can be discussed) based in The Hague (The Netherlands).
We prefer to offer this job on a contractor / freelance basis, albeit alternatives will also be considered; starting date: 2 January 2020 or 3 February 2020.
The individual will be a key member of the Finance team and will be principally responsible for the processing of invoices in both Germany (remotely from NL) and the Netherlands. Additional tasks may include preparation of the monthly management accounts, being responsible for the fixed asset accounts and posting and involvement in the year end audit and preparation of external financial statements.
This is a hands-on role and the incumbent should be comfortable to work within a fast-moving environment with sometimes limited resources. The individual should be comfortable in excel and dealing with multiple spreadsheets.
- Monitor the invoices email box, filter the emails, cascade in the organization, post in the system.
- Review, record, obtain approvals, post and check batches of invoices in the system.
- Update and monitor the PO system.
- Updating the fixed assets of the company with new additions to the fixed assets as relevant.
- Preparation of the basic inputs for the financial statements of the companies.
- Preparation from start to finish of the smaller subsidiaries in the Group.
- To act as backup for others in their roles including Germany subsidiary where necessary.
- MBO / HBO with a few years (1-3 years) of work experience or, a recent graduate who is looking to get experience in the finance area and develop a career in the finance discipline.
- Mastery at Excel would be a benefit given a significant number of the sheets are all Excel based.
- Working knowledge of IFRS and Dutch GAAP.
- Knowledge of Dutch and German tax systems would be a benefit.
- Fluently speak English and Dutch (preferable).
- Strong interpersonal skills, ability to communicate and manage well at all levels.
- Strong problem solving and creative skills and the ability to exercise sound judgment and make decisions based on accurate and timely analyses.
- High level of integrity and dependability with a strong sense of urgency and results-orientation.
- Hands-on and self-starting abilities.
- Team worker and understands the meaning of team working.
If you think you have what it takes to join one of the fastest growing Exploration and Production companies in continental Europe, then let us know.
Please contact: Peter Nuijten (HR) for further information on +31 (0) 70 7470 332 or +31 6 1495 8038 and/or send your application/CV to email@example.com.
All enquiries and applications will be treated with the utmost confidentiality.
(No agencies please)