Tulip Oil Group is focused on the development and appraisal of oil and gas fields in both The Netherlands and Germany.
Currently we are looking for a Junior Accountant, a role (32-40 hours/week) based in The Hague (The Netherlands).
We prefer to offer this job on a contractor / freelance basis, albeit alternatives (employment) will also be considered; starting date: mid-January 2019 – 1st February 2019.
The individual will be a key member of the Finance team and will be responsible for the preparation of the monthly management accounts, processing invoices, being responsible for the fixed asset accounts and posting and involvement in the year end audit and preparation of external financial statements.
This is a very hands-on role and the incumbent should be comfortable to work within a fast-moving environment with sometimes very limited resources. The individual should be comfortable in excel and dealing with multiple spreadsheets.
- Monitor the invoices email box, filter the emails, cascade in the organization, post in the system.
- Preparation of the basic inputs for the monthly management accounts – profit and loss account, balance sheet, cashflow statements, detailed OPEX analysis and G&A tracker sheet.
- Updating the fixed assets of the company with new additions to the fixed assets as relevant.
- Preparation of the basic inputs for the financial statements of the companies.
- Preparation from start to finish of the smaller subsidiaries in the Group.
- Preparation of monthly JV billing to partners.
- Preparation of the consolidation of the entities within the Group.
- To act as backup for others in their roles including Germany subsidiary where necessary.
- Ensure that effective internal controls are in place (business control frame work) and ensure compliance with applicable state and local regulatory laws and rules for financial and tax reporting.
- MBO / HBO with 2-5 years of work experience.
- Mastery at Excel would be a benefit given a significant number of the sheets are all Excel based.
- Working knowledge of IFRS and Dutch GAAP.
- Knowledge of Dutch and German tax systems would be a benefit.
- Fluently speak English and Dutch.
- Strong interpersonal skills, ability to communicate and manage well at all levels.
- Strong problem solving and creative skills and the ability to exercise sound judgment and make decisions based on accurate and timely analyses.
- High level of integrity and dependability with a strong sense of urgency and results-orientation.
- Hands-on and self-starting abilities.
- Team worker and understands the meaning of team working.
If you think you have what it takes to join one of the fastest growing Exploration and Production companies in continental Europe, then let us know.
Please contact: Peter Nuijten (HR) for further information on +31 (0) 70 7470 332 or +31 6 1495 8038 and/or send your application/CV to email@example.com before close of business on the 14th December 2018.
All enquiries and applications will be treated with the utmost confidentiality.
(No agencies please)