- Over 30 years of industry experience.
- Has run oil and energy businesses and has been an active board member, most recently with AIM listed Sterling Energy PLC as Senior Independent Non-Executive Director and Columbus Energy Resource PLC as Executive Chairman.
- Global energy experience includes his role as Managing Partner of MENA Gulf Investment Partners (Abu Dhabi), President of Abu Dhabi National Energy Company’s TAQA Iraq and Managing Director of TAQA UK where he built the organization from a few people to an organization of over 2,000 staff and contractors and delivered a mature E&P operating company that managed 60,000 bopd production with US$1.7 billion in annual revenues.
- Formerly CEO of Energy Development Partners – an oil and gas business creating ways to match capital and resources with developing production, for which he helped raise a US$350 million private equity fund.
- Master in Petroleum Engineering and a business accreditation from Harvard Business School.