- 25 years of experience in the E&P industry.
- Most recently he held the position of Senior Vice President of Operations & Production at Addax Petroleum Corporation with accountability for business units in Cameroon, Gabon and Nigeria.
- Career of 20 years with Shell since 1993. He started in The Netherlands as engineer and project manager, and moved subsequently to the UK, where he held responsibilities including business planning, HSE management, strategy management and corporate reorganizations.
- From 2003, held positions as general manager and managing director in Cameroon, Nigeria and Egypt, where he was responsible for shallow offshore, deep offshore and land assets.
- Held P/L responsibility for $10bln annual revenue, $3bln budget, 200,000 b/d production and 3,000 staff.
- Masters degree in Mechanical Engineering and a PhD in Systems Engineering, both cum laude from Delft University of Technology.