16 Jan Senior Financial Accountant
Tulip Oil is focused on the development and appraisal of oil and gas fields in both The Netherlands and Germany.
Currently we are looking for a Senior Financial Accountant, either on as a full-time role (40 hours/week) or a part-time role (hours can be discussed) based in The Hague (The Netherlands).
We prefer to offer this job on a contractor / freelance basis, albeit alternatives will also be considered; starting date: 3 February 2020.
The Senior Financial Accountant is responsible for execute financial control and accounting services towards timely, reliable and complete closing and reporting. Ability to multi task and work independently.
- Prepare and process memo postings
- Ensure and monitor proper accounting concepts within end-to-end processes
- Analyze and review the Balance Sheet and P&L
- Control balance sheet (checks, accruals, provisions, reconciliation)
- Fixed asset reconciliations and depreciation calculations
- Maintenance of PO system with control checks
- Ensure maintenance of basic system data
- Deputy treasury control/payments
- Sound understanding and application of International Financial Reporting Standards (IFRS)
- Ensure reliable, timely and complete financial accounts for designated legal entities in accordance with applicable Accounting principles
- Prepare compliance towards legal entity requirements
- Prepare compliance towards applicable statutory regulations
- Prepare reporting packs and year end disclosures
- Ability to work with German GAAP and prepare financial statements and tax returns for our German subsidiary
- Knowledge of tax and deferred tax accounting
Business planning and forecasting
- Business planning with clear assumptions modelled with full P/L, balance sheet and cashflow
- Latest estimate preparation on a monthly basis
- Co-develop policies and procedures within financial control
- Perform financial control processes and assist in improvements
- Contribute to an efficient and effective Statutory Audit process
- Contribute to JV audits and Tax audits as planned
- Bachelor/Master degree in Accounting or related studies (e.g. ACA, ACCA, CIMA, RA)
- Experience with financial control and accounting
- At least 5 years’ experience (within Big 4 Audit firm)
- Role ideally suited to a deputy controller or the finance manager of a smaller organisation
- Excellent knowledge and use of English and preferably Dutch
- Knowledge of and experience with IFRS and German GAAP (preferable)
- Excel knowledge and competence
- Experience within the oil and gas industry is preferable
If you think you have what it takes to join one of the fastest growing Exploration and Production companies in continental Europe, then let us know.
Only candidates, living in the Western part of the Netherlands, will be considered.
Please contact: Peter Nuijten (HR) for further information on +31 (0) 70 7470 332 or +31 6 1495 8038 and/or send your application/CV to firstname.lastname@example.org.
All enquiries and applications will be treated with the utmost confidentiality.
(No agencies please)